Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mmm..Comfort Food Season is Here!

I love fall. It is the perfect time of year to have the oven roasting away for a couple hours, filling the house with yummy smells (and making it just that much warmer in the house too!). I was really craving a roast of some kind and since I took out my frustration on my slowcooker this summer (see this post for the last slowcooker meal, shortly after making this I chucked it in the trash), I decided to use the oven. I found this recipe on my WW etools but didn't really measure anything, just based the seasonings off of it. I have made pork roast before but this was sooo much better! My husband loved it and requested we have it again in the next two weeks!



Herbed Pork Roast
(source: WW etools)

Garlic powder
Basil
Kosher salt
Pepper
2 lb pork roast
Italian Seasoning
2 tsp oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat skillet and once hot, spray with non stick spray. Mix about a palm full of each seasoning (and anything else you'd like to add in there). Rub the oil on the pork roast, then rub seasonings all over sides of roast. Brown sides of pork roast in skillet and either transfer to casserole dish (my skillet is oven safe, so I used that). Bake about 90 minutes until temperature registers 160 degrees.

We served this with roasted potatoes, broccoli, and carrots. I sprayed them with nonstick spray then I used some left over seasoning from the pork roast. We roasted them for about 30 minutes until tender.




POINTS for Roast: 5 per serving (serves 6)
POINTS for Veggies: 2 per serving

1 comment:

MrsSchoon said...

Yum! Looks very tasty and healthy!