Monday, September 3, 2007

Hummus Virgin No More...


But I wish I was! I am not a fan of the hummus...ick, yuck, blech. I am not sure if it's the consistency, the flavor, or smell.... My husband, however, has been munching on this all day, so I know it is edible and blog worthy...just not my cup of tea. I got this recipe from the New Complete Weight Watchers recipe book that I have been cooking out of for the last month or so. Really, I haven't had a recipe from this book fail me yet, I just don't like hummus.

Hummus
(Source: New Complete Weight Watchers Cookbook)

15 oz. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup plain fatfree yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp allspice

In food processor or blender, puree all ingredients with 1 tbsp water.

Yields: 8 Servings

Calories: 91
Fat: 2
Fiber: 1

Total POINTS: 2

I served this with Stacy's Pita Chips. I LOVE these! I like all of the different varieties! When served with this chips, the POINTS per serving is 5 POINTS.

No comments: