Sunday, December 23, 2007

Pretzels, Ritz and Clusters Oh MY!

Every year I make clusters and pretzels for my parents. Well since we are all on WW, I still made them but I gave them as gifts to the ILs to add to their holiday gain and not ours. LOL! No really though, it just wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't make candies. Now my candy doesn't look the best. I glob my pretzels and clusters but damn they taste good, so what can you do right?! If I had more patience, I am sure they will look prettier but I am not patient so I glob here and there. The picture is kind of dark but you get the idea.
Peanut Clusters

1 jar dry roasted peanuts
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips

Melt chips in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Dump jar of peanuts in bowl and mix well. Spoon out the peanuts into clusters on waxed paper. Allow time to set. Store in airtight container. I put mine in the fridge but they stay just fine out of the fridge too!

Pretzels


pretzel twists
almond bark, both white and chocolate

Melt the bark according to the package directions. Dip a few pretzels in at a time using tongs or a fork. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and place on waxed paper to set. Again, I don't have a lot of patience so mine obviously did not get all the excess dripped off, but hey that's ok! Repeat same procedure for white bark should you choose to do that also. My husband prefers the white bark to the chocolate bark...




Ritz Crackers

1 sleeve reduced fat Ritz crackers
chocolate and white chocolate almond bark
peanut butter (creamy)

Spread a bit of peanut butter (not a lot just a bit) over each Ritz cracker. Dip the crackers in the almond bark, covering both sides with melted bark. Shake off excess (I know I know, I should practice what I preach!) and allow to dry on waxed paper.

These were a new find this year, I had never made them before. I heard about them from a friend at work and was excited to try them. OMG they are so good! So very very good! They are very rich too!

Ok, that wraps up the Christmas baking and cooking edition of One Tiny Pink Kitchen. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

everything looks great! dipping things in chocolate can be time consuming but it's always worth it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.