Sunday, December 23, 2007

Pecan Rolo Pretzels

I found these divine little creations at a candle party before Christmas last year. They were an instant hit, I think I ate like 10 while I was there. I immediately asked for the recipe and this is now a holiday tradition for us. Peter puts the pretzels on the baking sheet, I put the rolos on the middle, then we both squish the pecan on. Ah, togetherness! :o) These were also a hit at the ILs and with Peter's work buddys. They are so easy but they can be a little costly because you need a big bag of pecan halves and the cheap ones just didn't taste right... Make these, your family will LOVE them!!

Pecan Rolo Pretzels
(source: my friend Beth)

Bag of pretzels (I recommend Rold Gold)
Pecan halves
2 bags of Rolos, unwrapped (do this before you start!!)

Preheat oven to 325. Line paper with parchment paper or silicone mat. Line pretzels up on cookie sheet and place a rolo on each pretzel. It's helpful to get the rolo right in the middle, this will be helpful for you later!



Place in oven for 1-2 minutes. You really need to watch them. When they start glistening and sinking just a little bit, they are ready to come out of the oven. This is where extra hands help. Work quickly and squish a pecan half in the middle of each pretzel, smooshing the rolo down over the pretzel. Move to foil or waxed paper to set (this takes about an hour) and repeat. Two bags of rolos gets you about 60 candies, maybe a little more. We eat as we make, so it's hard to say how many you really get! LOL!



I did figure POINTS for these, even though I was eating them as I was making them. For each one, its 1 points, depending on how many you are able to make. I figured it for 80 candies, and I don't know if I got that many...Maybe 2 points per candy to be safe. But hey, it's Christmas, right?! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

mmmm... i think i need to make these! (without the pecans though, as i don't like nuts!) i love sweet and salty snacks :)

Yankee1969 said...

My girlfriend's boss' mother made these and also a pretzel with a white/chocolate swirled Hershey's Kiss with an M&M on top. That was really good as well. They didn't last long at all.

Mer said...

Yum! Those look delicious.

I just wanted to stop by your blog and extend a warm welcome to the Daring Bakers. We are glad to have you!

I just joined last month and am already having a ton of fun. :0) Again, welcome aboard!