Sunday, December 23, 2007

Monster Bars Times 2

I have made Monster bars two times since last Sunday. They were a hit at one family's Christmas and so I made them again for my IL's Christmas. I made them exactly the same except I had a little white chocolate chips left over from something else and so I through them in too. I figured these to be about 4 POINTS each, but they maybe a little more/little less depending on the size and what all you throw in there. These are wonderful!




MONSTER Bars!
(source: WW Magazine December 2007)

2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp light butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 egg white
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup M&Ms

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan. Combine oats, flour, baking powder in medium bowl and set aside. Beat butter and sugar in with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg, egg white, vanilla and beat until well blended. Add the peanut butter and beat for about 1 minute. Mix in the oat mixture on low until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms until mixed throughout.

Spread into pan. Bake until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Cool completely, cut into 24 bars.

POINTS per Bar: 4

No comments: