Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mini Meatloafs=Heaven

I am all about portion sizes since joining WW in July. Anytime I can buy or make something in serving sizes I am all over it! My husband however isn't thrilled with this new found love of serving sizes. He likes to have oversized portions and he can get away with it...me, not so much! Whenever I have made meatloaf before I know my portion was ginormous. Well, to solve this problem, I decided to make Meatloaf Muffins a la Rachael Ray (gasp I know but sometimes she has good ideas...). We had some leftover, as this made 8 muffins. I figured the points for 2 muffins per person, which I was stuffed about half way through the second muffin. My husband was able to take some for lunch the next day so it worked out great!

I took this recipe from a post on Bakespace. I love this community. Everyone that participates on Bakespace is very sweet and has a common love of food and cooking/baking. I have won a KitchenAid mixer and food processor through a contest this summer, which was awesome and both have been a huge help in the kitchen. I continue to use the site and have found many delicious recipes through my membership (which is free!). I highly suggest checking the site out!



Mini Meatloaf Muffins
(source: adapted from a recipe on Bakespace click link for original recipe)

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
1/4 cup eggbeaters
1 small onion diced
1/2 green pepper finely diced
2/3 C. Bread Crumbs
1/2 Tbsp. Worchersire Sauce
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce
1 8 oz. Can Tomato Sauce which I actually omitted by accident

DIRECTIONS:

1.) Mix all ingredients except for tomato sauce.

2.) Put into a lightly greased muffin pan.

3.) Bake for about 30 minutes at 350

4.) Remove from oven and spread tomato sauce evenly over meatloaf.

5.) Bake an additional 5 minutes. I omitted steps 4 and 5 and they were very tasty.


Yields 8 muffins, 2 muffins per serving

POINTS per Serving: 5


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sooo going to make these!! Thanks for the wonderful idea.