Sunday, November 11, 2007

Easy and Cheesy...

How could that be bad, right?! Tonight for supper we had something ultra fancy for us and it only took about 30 minutes to make! This would be great with other cheeses too, like goat cheese (which I still haven't tried yet!). I got this recipe from my WW leader, and it was a success. I did alter it a little but adding some seasoning and it was perfect. My changes are in blue. I had a baked potato with a dollop of sour cream and spray butter and my husband had some baked potatoes (gotta love Country Crock microwaveable dishes!) Here is the recipe:



Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts
(source: Kara @ WW)

4 – 4 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

1/8 tsp. Salt

3/4 tsp. Dried Basil – divided - I used about 2 tsp total

1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper

1/4 cup Minced Green Bell Pepper I omitted

4 (3/4 oz) Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese Sticks

2 Tbsp. Fat-Free Italian Dressing

1/8 tsp. Paprika - I used 1 tsp

1/4 cup Dry Breadcrumbs

1 tsp fresh ground pepper

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp oregano

Cooking Spray

Pound chicken to 1/4” thickness; sprinkle with salt, 1/4 tsp basil (I didn't really measure), and crushed red pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle each breast with 1 Tbsp. minced bell pepper. Place 1 cheese stick lengthwise down the center; roll up jelly roll fashion. Brush rolls evenly with Italian dressing. Combine paprika and breadcrumbs, and a dash of oregano and basil; dredge chicken breasts rolls in mixture, turn to coat. Place on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray – seam side down. Lightly coat with non-stick spray; sprinkle with remaining basil. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until done (mine took about 22 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

4 servings = 5 POINTS each

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks great. I have made something similar with Goat Cheese in my blog.

Nina said...

This looks really good!