Monday, September 17, 2007

I Heart Parm Chicken


I made parmesan chicken for the first time about a year ago and ever since, it has become a staple meal in our home. It's so easy! Sometimes we spice it up with red pepper flakes, often we make chicken tenders with ranch dressing, other times we make it really cheesey, other times we add extra basil and thyme for a super flavor. I thought that being on WW, we wouldn't be able to enjoy this....I was wrong! :o) My friend Michelle gave me this recipe (she's been on WW since February and has lost about 30 lbs). It was very tasty and had great flavor!

Parmesan Chicken
(Source: My friend Michelle)

4 chicken breasts, pressed thin
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 egg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Beat egg with a bit of water. Combine bread crumbs, cheese and spices on plate. Dip chicken in egg and then in bread crumb mixture, space evenly on cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until no longer pink.

**I turned them half way through to ensure crispiness on both sides.**

POINTS per serving (1 3oz breast): 5

2 comments:

Teale said...

Shake N Bake also has a parmesan thing for chicken, it's delicioius!

Lauren said...

Ahhh...I make this all the time (prior to joining WW) and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to cook it.

DH and I love this dish. Now I know though the point saver is: baking NOT pan frying.

I found my dinner for tonight