Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chili Rubbed Pork Chops = Yum!



Last night's supper was delicious! The pork chops were very tender and juicy. We were looking for something different other than chicken and my husband suggested the other white meat. :) We usually bake them in a roasting flavor bag but again, I was looking for something different. I was looking online at my etools on WW's website. I found this recipe and it sounded interesting. It is a combination of sugar and spice! We will definitely be having these again! We served them with roasted potatoes, which the recipe follows.

Chili Rubbed Pork Chops
(Source: WW)

2 pork chops
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar **I added this**
1/2 tsp onion powder **I added this**
1/2 tsp garlic salt
cooking spray

Mix all seasonings together in a bowl. Rub the mixture on the pork chops and refridgerate in the fridge for at least 1 hour. ( I left mine in the fridge for about 2 hours) Spray the pan with cooking spray. Place pork chops in the skillet and cook on the first side for about 5 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 5-7 minutes. I then strayed from the cooking instructions by putting it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes because I had to keep it all warm for my husband (he was running late). They were so tender! I will definitely be putting it in the oven again next time we make it. I am not sure if that is why they were so tender, but I will do it again just to make sure!

Roasted Potatoes
(source: ME)

2 large baking potatoes, diced
chili powder
garlic powder
onion powder
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Pepper

I diced the potatoes into bite sized pieces. I lined my baking sheet with foil and sprayed the foil and potatoes with olive oil spray. I then sprinkled the potates with each of the following seasonings. I didn't measure but just made sure they were pretty evenly covered in seasonings. I mixed the taters all up to ensure they were all coated and baked in the oven for about 35 minutes. They were perfect and went well with the pork chops!

Total POINTS for 4 oz of meat and 1 cup of potatoes: 6.5 points

No comments: