Friday, August 17, 2007

Weight Watchers Is Wonderful!


I have made several WW meals the last few weeks. Never fear, I will have some goodies posted before long. I am trying to stall much baking until I receive my new mixer (shhh! Don't tell my husband that!). I must say that I was skeptical of WW at first. Lots of people I know have lost with the plan but diets never seem to work for me. Well, I thought I would give it a go because I want to be healthier for when we have kids and feel better about myself.

I began the plan on July 25th. It really is a lifestyle change. I am have had battles in my head (think the devil and the angel on either shoulder) on choices I make everyday regarding what I put into my mouth.. I am definitely an emotional eater and I recognize this. I have lost 8.8 lbs since starting in July. I couldn't be happier. I have a long way to go but it is definitely motivating me to shoo that little devil with the cupcake off my shoulder and choose a cup of grapes instead!

I just wanted to share with everyone my success so far so that if perhaps you have been contemplating joining, you kind of know someone who has their own struggles, doesn't work out as much as she should, and loves to bake way too much (that's me by the way!), that has had success with it and you can too. It is very affordable I think. Here is the website for more information and pricing in your area. I highly recommend the monthly pass because you receive the free online tools which are a great help for recipe searches and point figuring.

You can choose from participating online or attending meetings. I was really afraid to go to a meeting alone and I didn't have anyone who could join with me. But I said to myself, "Trisha just do it. You're not a shy person, just do it." It was absolutely fine. I wasn't forced to talk. They all welcomed me. No one called me fat or said anything to make me feel uncomfortable. In fact, it was just the opposite. I felt so welcome. Weigh-ins hold me accountable for my choices. They are a little nervewracking a first but now they are a breeze.

Ok, there is my two minutes on my soap box. I just wanted to share my experience so far (again, I am in no way close to reaching my goal but it's a start!) since I have been featuring a lot of WW meals. Good luck and enjoy!!

No comments: