Saturday, July 7, 2007

Fake Out Biaggi's-Chicken Farfalle



Our favorite special occasion restaurant is Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano. I love love love their Chicken Farfalle Alfredo and I get it everytime. If they ever take that off of the menu, I will be a very sad person! I was doing a search on what was in this sauce and came up with a recipe of my own and it is a close second I think to the original. However, I will warn you....I became a little "Sandra Lee-ish" with this recipe. Only because the first time making this was on Valentine's Day and I didn't have time to make my own sauce...and now I just don't bother because I know this turns out. I am not much one for change! It would be great though I think with your favorite homeade alfredo sauce.

Chicken Alfredo Farfalle - Fake Out!!

1 tbsp oil
1 lb chicken, diced or strips
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups alfredo sauce (we use Classico)
bowtie noodles, cooked
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup asiago and romano cheese blend

In a large skillet, heat a l tbsp oil. Add chicken and saute until done. Add onions and sweat them with the chicken. When softened, add red peppers and chicken broth to deglaze. Combine and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add alfredo sauce and let simmer another 10 minutes to let the flavors combine. Add noodles to pan, cover with sauce. Add cheeses and combine. Garnish with more asiago cheese if desired.

**You may also add proscuitto or bacon before cooking the chicken. I usually add bacon (proscutto is too expensive for my taste), but we didn't have any on hand. Also peas may be added to this but we don't like them if we have a choice!

No comments: