Friday, October 19, 2007

Mmmm....PIZZA!!



I love Weight Watchers because it is not a diet. It is a lifestyle change and I LOVE that! I love that WW isn't a diet because on a diet I couldn't have pizza, cupcakes, or Mexican food. Ok, so I don't have these things that often, but the fact that I can have them is wonderful for me. I have learned through the program that all it takes is a little planning and will power and VOILA! 20 lbs gone forever and I have dropped a pants size. A pants size I have not fit into in 10 years, since my junior year of high school! Now that is a great feeling!! It's definitely my motiviation to keep going and to stick with my lifestyle change. Ok, enough of that...on to my favorite part...the food! We made pizza tonight. It was wonderful. I love making pizza because I get to use my new food processor, something that I don't get to use very often. Now, you could go to Pizza Hut and get a thin crust slice for the same amount of points but it wouldn't be as good, in my opinion. Plus the crust is a little thicker! We made hamburger and canadian bacon with green peppers and onions. YUM!!

Pizza!!

4 1/4 cups flour
1 pkg rapid dry yeast
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbls olive oil
1 tsp salt

In a 2 cup measuring cup, mix the sugar and water together. Add in yeast and let rest for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, add in olive oil. Meanwhile, pulse the flour and salt in the food processor. Add in yeast mixture through tube and pulse until dough forms a ball. Take out of food processor and knead until the dough is strechy (is that a word?).

Spray bowl with PAM (I used olive oil spray) and put dough in it. Wrap tightly with saran wrap and let rest about an hour until it doubles in size. I used my Pizzazz pizza maker for 16 minutes but you can bake it for 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees, or until browned on bottom.

YIELDS: 2 crusts (one for now, one for later! stick it in the freezer), 6 servings each crust

POINTS Per Serving: 3

I browned some hamburger (1/2 lb) and diced onions and green peppers. For my sauce I used an 8 oz can of tomato sauce with some added basil. With canadian bacon (about 10 slices in total) and part skim mozzarella, the total POINTS for one slice was 6. So worth it though!

No comments: