Sunday, August 12, 2007

WW Rave: Stuffed Peppers

I have no idea why I decided to heat up the entire house for supper tonight, but I am glad I did, because it was sooo tasty! I was looking for something different and came across this recipe in my Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook. I have never made stuffed peppers but I have always wanted to try them. These were very tasty and would be great with a nice salad (which we didn't have, but it sounded good!). I do not have a picture because my batteries were dead, but the recipe is definitely worth mentioning. I altered only a few things and it was just delicious!


Stuffed Peppers

4 green, red or yellow peppers (we used green)
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 cup cooked white rice
2 tbls tomato paste
1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsely
1/4 tsp rosemary (original recipe called for sage, which we don't like)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese + additional to sprinkle over
1/2 cup tomato sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together, except tomato sauce, in bowl. Cut tops of peppers and deseed. You can leave them whole or cut them in half, depending on how you like to stuff the peppers. We left them whole, but I think I will half them before stuffing next time. I think they will be easier to eat!

Loosely stuff the peppers with meat mixture. Place peppers in baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over the peppers. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add water to the pan, about 1/4 of the way up the pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 30 min. Baste the peppers occaisionally with the pan water. After 30 minutes, remove foil and bake another 20 minutes. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.

Servings: 4

POINTS per serving: 6

We only made 2 peppers. With the extra meat mixture, I cooked in a skillet until the meat was browned and froze it for next time, two meals in one!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

try stuffing other veggies too!

nice blog!