Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Another Woman's Goodies...I don't think so!



My husband loves treat day at his work. Why? Because his coworker, makes this scrumptious peanut butter bars that he loves. The first time he had these bars, he came home and asked if I could make them for us at home (throwing in mine would be 10 times better than hers, slick right!) I had Peter ask her for the recipe and she declined to give it to him, because it's her secret. Crazy, right?! Well after having Peter describe in detail the texture, flavor, color, and taste of these mystery goodies, I think I may have created a close comparison to these mystery bars. This has all been in good fun, and is kind of an inside joke with us now, every time his coworker brings these bars. So here is my take on them. Enjoy!

TRISHA'S (not Amy's) Peanut Butter Bars

1 1/4 cup peanut butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cup graham crackers
1 pkg chocolate chips


Cream melted butter and peanut butter together. Add graham cracker crumbs (I used honey but I am sure it wouldn't make too much of a difference). Add powdered sugar slowly, combining after each addition. Press mixture (it will be very thick) into a greased 13x9 pan. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, and pour over peanut butter mixture. Chill for about 20 minutes and cut before they harden too much. Cover and you can store these 2 ways. If you are a "I love my peanut butter cups in the fridge/freezer" person (like myself) then keep these in the fridge. If you are a "I love my peanut butter cups melting all over my fingers" as you eat them, then leave them out.

These taste somewhat like a Buckeye or peanut butter ball that I make during the holidays, which is how I came up with this recipe. So if you like those, you'll love these. When they are cold, the bars are a little more crumbly than if you leave them out.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

my husband would LOVE these. thanks!

Deborah said...

That is too funny that she wouldn't share the recipe. My sister is like that about the silliest things she makes - oh well, I bet yours are better! ;)